Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Cold Day Soup

I made this today. It was good enough to eat. lol The thing about homemade soup from my house is that I typically just empty the fridge into it! lol It's never the same way twice.

1 lb of hamburger
1 lb of pork (We had pork steak left over)
1/2 onion
3 stalks of celery with leaves (and all the leaves out of the center of the bunch)
2 turnips
3 small cans tomato sauce
2 Chipotle pepper bullion cubes (don't ask-they were on sale and I liked them so I keep buying them)
2 cans of Great Northern beans (I used left over beans I made yesterday from dried beans)
Seasoned salt, pepper and garlic to taste

Dice onion, turnips and celery. Brown hamburger (and other meat if not already cooked) in pot your going to put the soup in. Add chopped vegis to browning meat. (Why dirty up extra pans) Drain grease off meat and put back in pot. Add everything else and water if more liquid is needed. Simmer on low for about an hour and enjoy.

No comments: